COLONEL BRYAN J. TEFF
Colonel Bryan J. Teff is the Commander of the 110th Attack Wing, W.K. Kellogg Air National Guard Base, Battle Creek, Michigan. He is Commander of approximately 1,000 personnel where his responsibilities include oversight of four groups and several tenant units. The groups include an Operations Group, Mission Support Group, Medical Group, and an Air Operations Group. The tenant units include the Defense Logistics Agency, STARBASE, AAFES, Michigan State Police, and the Merit Network. The 110th Attack Wing has 220 full-time technicians and Active Guard Reservists; drill status manning is 646 personnel.
Colonel Teff earned his commission at the United States Air Force Academy along with a Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Research. Following pilot training, his first assignment was at Columbus Air Force Base, Miss., as a T-38 instructor pilot. Col. Teff was a Distinguished Graduate from pilot instructor training, Randolph AFB. Col Teff received an A-10 assignment in 1994 and was a Distinguished Graduate from Fighter Fundamentals. After serving in various A-10 pilot and leadership roles, Col Teff was assigned as the Chief of Combat Operations and the 110th Air Operations Squadron Commander at Battle Creek Air National Guard Base, Mich. Col Teff was a distinguished graduate from the AOC formal qualification course. In January 2011, Col Teff was assigned to the Alpena CRTC where he served as the base commander until March 2014. In April 2014, Col Teff was assigned to the 127th Wing, Selfridge ANGB as the Mission Support Group Commander. In April 2015, Col Teff was assigned to the 110th Attack Wing as the Vice Wing Commander.
Colonel Teff is a command pilot with 3,800 hours of flight time in the T-38, A-10A, and A-10C aircraft. He has deployed seven times to southwest Asia, encompassing over 100 A-10A and A-10C combat missions in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
1989 Bachelor of Science degree in Operations Research, USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo. 1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence 2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Master of Science in Management, American Public University
1. August 1989 – August 1990, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 14th Flying Training Wing,
2. August 1990 – January 1991, Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph AFB, Texas.
3. January 1991 – November 1994, Instructor Pilot T-38A, Stan/Eval pilot, Executive Officer, Flight Commander, 50th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Mississippi.
4. November 1994 – January 1995, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Columbus AFB, MS
5. January 1995 – June 1995, A/OA-10A RTU, Davis Monthan AFB, Arizona.
6. June 1995 – May 1998, A/OA-10A Pilot, Flight Commander, Wing Life Support Officer, 70th Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Georgia.
7. May 1998 – June 2000, A-10A Pilot, 110th Fighter Wing, Battle Creek, Michigan.
8. June 2000 – June 2003, Flight Commander, A-10A Instructor Pilot, 110th Fighter Wing, 172nd Fighter Squadron, Battle Creek, Michigan.
9. June 2003 – March 2005, 110 Operations Group Chief of Stan/Eval, A-10A Instructor/Evaluator
Pilot, 110th Fighter Wing, Battle Creek, Michigan.
10. March 2005 – March 2008, Commander, 110th Operations Support Flight, A-10A and A-10C Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, 110th Fighter Wing, Battle Creek, Michigan.
11. March 2008 – November 2008, Director of Operations, A-10C Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, 172nd Fighter Squadron, Battle Creek, Michigan.
12. November 2008 – January 2011, Commander, 110th Air Operations Squadron and Chief of Combat, Operations, Battle Creek, Michigan.
13. January 2011- April 2014, Base Commander, Combat Readiness Training Center, Alpena, Michigan.
14. April 2014 – April 2015, Commander, 127th Mission Support Group, Selfridge ANGB, Michigan.
15. April 2015 – December 2015, Vice Wing Commander, 110th Attack Wing, Battle Creek ANGB, Michigan.
16. December 2015- Present, Wing Commander, 110th Attack Wing, Battle Creek ANGB, Michigan.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 3,800 Aircraft: T-38, A-10A/C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Flying Cross
Meritorious Service Medal with 2 devices
Air Medal with 6 devices
Aerial Achievement Medal with 2 devices Meritorious Unit Award with 2 devices
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and 9 devices
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major January 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel January 10, 2004
Colonel July 22, 2009
(Current as of 18 December 2015)